Cananga odorata, known as ylang-ylang or cananga tree, is a tropical tree that is native to the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, and Queensland, Australia. It is also native to parts of Thailand and Vietnam.
Ylang Ylang essential oil, traditionaly known for its romantic appeal has a calming and balancing aroma for a smooth and happy heart. It also promotes the appearance of healthy-looking skin and shiny hair.
Originally native to Southeast Asia, ylang ylang is now also grown in Madagascar, the Comoro Islands, and Ecuador. Belonging to the custard apple family, a mature tree can reach a height of up to 39 feet and produce thousands of vibrant, fragrant, yellow-green blooms. Traditionally used in hair formulas to promote shiny, lustrous hair, Ylang Ylang essential oil has a sweet, floral aroma that was historically believed to balance yin and yang. A common ingredient in perfumes and personal care products, Ylang Ylang essential oil adds a luxurious and romantic aroma, while also providing benefits to skin and hair.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Has a romantic, sweet, floral aroma
- Helps create a calming environment when diffused
- Supports the appearance of healthy skin when applied topically
- Promotes the appearance of healthy, shiny hair
- Apply Ylang Ylang to your wrists and neck for a calming, floral fragrance that you can enjoy throughout the day.
- Add a few drops to your facial serum or moisturizer to promote the appearance of radiant, glowing skin.
- Add it to lotion or Vegetable Oil and use for a massage.
- Mix 1–3 drops with coconut oil and apply it to hair for an aromatic deep-conditioning treatment.
- Add it to a hot bath to create a relaxing atmosphere to help you unwind after a long day.