Rose tea is made from buds and whole petals of mature rose trees, which are also dried and used as the sole ingredient in rose tea. Rosa Damascena tea can help relieve menstrual cramps and is rich in natural antioxidants.
The most therapeutic effects of rosa damascena in ancient medicine are including treatment of abdominal and chest pain, strengthening the heart, treatment of menstrual bleeding and digestive problems, and reduction of inflammation, especially of the neck.
Other benefits include:
- mental benefits, such as to treat dementia and seizures
- relaxation, stress reduction, and antidepressant effects
- reduced severity of allergic reactions
- antibacterial properties
- improved insulin resistance and heart health
- treatment of liver disease
- laxative effects
- anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties
- anticancer effects