Marjoram (Origanum majorana) has a woody, spicy, camphoraceous aroma. A calming oil, it has a warming effect on both mind and body. It soothes tense muscles after exercise and is beneficial for occasional simple nervous tension.
It is also used as a “nerve tonic” and a “heart tonic,” and to promote better blood circulation. Marjoram oil is used for coughs, gall bladder complaints, stomach cramps and digestive disorders, depression, dizziness, migraines, nervous headaches, nerve pain, paralysis, coughs, runny nose; and as a “water pill”.
Marjoram Oil Main Uses and Benefits
- Marjoram oil is a unique and valuable oil because of the extensive benefits it provides for the body. One of the most significant benefits Marjoram essential oil offers is its ability to have a positive effect on the nervous system.. Marjoram oil is also used for its calming properties. To obtain these benefits, take Marjoram oil internally, apply it to the skin topically, or use it aromatically.
- Another powerful benefit of Marjoram essential oil is its ability to support a healthy immune system. To help support your immune system with Marjoram oil, dilute one drop of Marjoram into 4 a cup of liquid and drink.
- While working on long, intense projects, apply Marjoram essential oil to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress. Marjarom oil contains calming properties that help relax emotions during stressful moments. Applying Marjoram essential oil topically can help provide the calming feelings you need to get through difficult or strenuous tasks.
- The cardiovascular system includes one of the most fundamental and crucial parts of the body—the heart. Because of its prominence in keeping the body running, it is important to support your body’s cardiovascular system. Marjoram oil may promote a healthy cardiovascular system, helping to give your body essential strength that it may need.
- Marjoram is a great spice to have in the kitchen and can help spice up a variety of dishes. Next time a recipe calls for dried Marjoram, replace it with Marjoram essential oil for a convenient and spicy flavoring that will take your meal to the next level. Usually, one drop of Marjoram essential oil is equivalent to two tablespoons of dried Marjoram.