Charcoal Kaolin Clay is used for a wonderfully gentle mask that’s perfect for healing acne and clarifying the pores with a gentle cleansing that offers gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells, clean pores, and restore skin vibrancy that makes your skin feel velvety smooth. If you have oily skin, use this charcoal mask that contains clay. This ingredient may help absorb excess oil on your skin. It may also help clean out your pores and prevent acne breakouts.
Here is the charcoal face mask recipe:
• Mix equal parts of clay (usually 2 soup spoons) and water (rose water is a great alternative) till it forms a paste.
• Add a few drops of essential oil like lavender, rosemary, chamomile or lemongrass.
• Apply to a clean face (this is necessary as unclean skin won’t allow the mask to work its magic).Let it dry for 30-40 minutes.
• Rinse off with warm water.
• Apply a high-quality, organic moisturiser afterwards to protect the skin and balance sebum production.
It is recommended to use the clay mask once or twice per week for best results. Please don’t be under the misconception that you have to use the mask everyday or up to 4 times a week to achieve the intended effect. Those with dry skin can go up to 3 times a week, but not more! Overdoing this routine might do more harm than good, so stick to a schedule and watch how your skin becomes healthier with each use.